I have been posting alot about knit bombing lately.
There are a lot of reasons
1) Free art in the world
- we need art
- we need to make art
- art inspires thought and dialogue
2) unique expression
- my art is not going to be like yours
- everyone has a different perspective of beauty to share
- expanding perspectives by viewing others art is interactive
- art can communicate emotions/experiences and spread joy
3) Unlimited opportunity – in particular with the fourth of July coming
- Everywhere is an opportunity to make art
- US infrastructure provides LOTS of places to install art
- 4 day weekend – we (yarn bombers everywhere) have TIME to get a bunch of pieces up
- making the world bright is ALWAYS a great idea
4) Global expense of explosives/fireworks economy
- minimize the purchase of fireworks and create less demand
- share with others ways to celebrate without chemical/violent explosions
- less sales means less $$ spent on oil/tankers/packaging/poor labor practices
- Minimize the amount of smoke, fumes, gasses and byproducts of fireworks left in its wake
5) Trauma on Pets
- Bright flashes, pops, bangs, these all freak out your family
- debris is small enough to eat – can cause major health issue
- some materials leave chemical debris on plants and environment you cannot “toss in the trash” and WILL be consumed through paws, licking.
- They don’t understand and you are likely outside with noises/flashes while they are inside WORRIED TO DEATH FOR YOU.
6) Trauma on Vets
- The “fun” explosives on the 4th are usually the ones that have been banned in urban areas for safety. These are so powerful that they mimic sights sounds of battle.
- Even little fireworks put off smoke/light that is non-civilian in nature and can trigger memories/events to reoccur in hearts and minds of vets.
Think about the effects of your few moments of “play” with explosives and the long term/far reach effects it has on others. It is an economy that does not give back to our environment – at all.
Lets make art. Lets share love. Lets care for each other.
Always with love and pyramid studs.
— Sundaze —
Along with all this, I am building a revolution of Passive Anarchy.
Come join me… Click here: —-> Hell yeah! I’m In!
Hashtag #kNiTpUnK and/or #PassiveAnarchy so I can find you on the interwebz